Business cards have always been a fun exercise for me. I've always done something different with my business cards – first were my likarete tsa blogga tse nang le foto ea ka, ebe lipakana tsa Lintlha tsa PostIt, mme haufinyane haholo ke karete e nyane e nang le monei oa Zazzle.
Kajeno ke ne ke shebelletse teleseminar ea Alex Mandossian in a business education series that I'm subscribing to and he pointed out a great opportunity that I've let slip past… three business cards in a row!
Linnete tse ling ka likarete tsa khoebo
- Most people don't remember the person they got them from.
- Boholo ba tsona li lahloa feela. U lefelletse ntho e 'ngoe eo hangata e sa khutleng ho tsetelo!
- Of those people that actually keep them, very few are ever acted upon… mostly because there's often no reason to!
Ho ka ntlafatsoang ka
oa hao karete ea ka ea khoebo?
- Beha foto ea hau kareteng ea hau ea khoebo. Sena se tla lumella batho ho hopola hore na u ne u le mang!
- Alex o re o lokela ho kenyelletsa Tjotjo ea boitšoaro. In other words, is there anything on your card that you can provide that will lead someone to take action? His example is a 1-800 number with a pre-recorded message. It's impersonal and safe… and the person who calls it can benefit from the message.
- Include a message customized for the event you handed it out to. If you're at a networking event, order some cards for those events. If you're speaking at an event, include the event! If you're at a conference… put the conference. By ho tloaela karete ketsahalong eo, o mpa o fa moamoheli faele ea boto e nyane e nyane to invite them to making contact as well as providing a viral component. When Alex hands out 500 cards, he sees 2,000 visits to his sites and phone numbers. That's a nice viral component!
I'm about to order another set of my business cards and I'm going to incorporate these tips. My photo will be added (sigh!), I'm going to include a link to a free download with some advice and tips, and I'm going to pre-record a better message on Google Voice with some frequently asked questions about my business.
Let me know if you're interested in the business series I'm subscribing to. It's a bit pricy, but if I get a single contract from giving away business cards, it will pay for the entire business series… and I'm just on the first video. I've gotten many compliments on my recent cards – but I can't say that they've gone viral or gotten me business!